Saturday, March 13, 2021

Communicative English 1st Year, 2nd Semester, Unit 1 Listening and Speaking Task Answer, UG Arts and Science Degree, Tamil Nadu State Council For Higher Education (TANSCHE)

 Communicative English

Click the below picture for remaining Task answers and Lesson explanation for Unit -1, Listening and Speaking, Communicative English Syllabus 1st Year, 2nd Semester, UG Arts and Science Degree.

Unit I

1. Listening and Speaking

a. Listening and responding (to complaints – formal situation)

Activities: (Book Page No- 13)

1. Work in pairs for the following conversations:

a) Between a resident of an area and the EB office regarding power failure.

Ans:

Vani: Hello, is it EB Office?

EB Office: Yes, How can I help you, Madam?

Vani: I am Vani from Anna Nagar. I have a complaint to make regarding frequent power cut in our area.

EB Office: We received a complaint about this last Monday. We sent a wireman to your area to set right the problem.

Vani: You are right. But still, we are facing the same problem.

EB Office: There is a shortage of electricity supply to our town from the central pool. We have requested the authorities to restore normalcy.

Vani: Please understand our difficulties and do the needful.

EB Office: Certainly, madam.

 

b) Between a customer and an online service provider regarding a product (clock/mobile phone/any other), which has not arrived.

Ans:

Customer: Good morning. Am I speaking to ABC Couriers?

Service provider: Yes, Sir. How can I help you, sir.

Customer: I ordered for a laptop from Bell, Bengaluru, a week ago. It has not reached me yet.

Service provider: Sir, may I know your bill number?

Customer: It is MNC00478563364. Has the parcel reached you? What is a delay in delivery?

Service provider: I’ll check it and tell you. Please be on the line.

Sir, owing to the Christmas holidays, parcels due to us are held us in Madras.

Customer: When can I get the parcel?

Service provider: You will get it on Monday, for sure.

Customer: Ok Thank you. I’ll come and collect it from your office.

Service provider: You need not bother, sir. Welcome, sir.

 

c) Between a diner at a restaurant and the hotel manager about the food that is not of a good quality.

Ans:

Diner: I am Ramesh, one of your customers.

Manager: Happy to meet you.

Diner: I’ve been your customer for about sir years. I come here at least thrice a week.

Manager: Fine, sir. I hope you enjoy our food items.

Diner: Certainly. But today I am a little dissatisfied with the items served.

Manager: Is anything wrong with the quality?

Diner: Yes. I ate two pooris. It was very hard. Even the veg kurma was not of the usual taste.

Manager: I am sorry for your disappointment. We have a new master today.

Diner: What happened to the old master? Has he left?

Manager: No sir, Today he was in leave. He will be back tomorrow morning.

Diner: That is fine. I am happy about it.

Manager: Thank you sir.

d) Between a customer and a furniture shop owner about a defect in a new piece of furniture discovered by the customer when the piece arrived.

Ans:

Ram: I am Ram. I bought a Study table from your shop this morning.

Shop Owner: Yes sir. I remember. We sent it to your house this afternoon through one of our delivery boys.

Ram: I found that the legs of the table are not even. Besides, one of the corners of the table is little damaged.

Shop Owner: I am sorry about the complaint. We checked the table before sending it to your house. Please don’t worry. We shall replace the table.

Ram: Shall I send it to your shop tomorrow?

Shop Owner: You need not to bother, sir. I shall send the same man. He will bring it back to our shop.

Ram: When can I expect the replacement?

Shop Owner: At present there in no stock of the same design with us. We’ll get it in a day or two. As soon as we receive, we’ll send it to you.

Ram: Thank you very much.

Shop Owner: It is our duty sir. We value our customers’ satisfaction.

 

e) Between a parent and a teacher. The parent complains that the teacher is too harsh with the child for not learning mathematics. The teacher complains that the child is not cooperating with the teacher.

Ans:

Krishnan: Good morning sir. I am Krishnan, father of your student, Hari.

Teacher: Good morning, sir. Nice to meet you. Would you like to say anything to me?

Krishnan: Yes, I have come with a complaint.

Teacher: Complaint! Interesting. Have I done anything wrong?

Krishnan: My son tells me often that you are harsh with him.

Teacher: Your son is good. He is quite and calm. I am sorry to say that your son is not attentive in my class hours. That is why I advised him first and then I scolded him.

Krishnan: I am sorry that he behaves so in your class.

Teacher: I have one more thing to say. He is not doing his maths homework. Kindly look into this.

Krishnan: Certainly sir, I did not know this. I’ll will take care of him hereafter. Thank you, sir.

Teacher: Welcome, sir.

 ********

Don't forget to follow our YouTube channel for more videos : Saipedia 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mam thank you so much

Unknown said...

Nice job 👍👌😀

Post a Comment

If you need summary for any topic. Just send it in comment.
Don't Forgot to follow me in Our Youtube Channel : Saipedia